Join Microsoft for a free live, interactive webcast on the growing need and opportunities for cloud-trained IT professionals—March 12, 2013 starting at 8:30am PST
Where do you want your career to go? It’s a question that many of us ask ourselves as we chart our career path, whether we’re just starting out or years on the job. One response to that question: Go where the jobs are.
A new study by market intelligence firm IDC reveals global businesses are adopting cloud computing at an escalating rate, with fewer “cloud ready” IT professionals available to administer cloud computing services. One in four IT positions worldwide is currently unfilled and 28% of those are cloud computing related–that’s more than 1.7 million open positions. In 2015, an estimated 7 million job computing jobs will be vacant.
Why vacant? Hiring managers can’t find « cloud-skilled » IT candidates, citing a lack of training, certification and experience as the top reasons cloud computing positions are not filled. To bridge this IT cloud skills gap, employers need professionals—just like you—with the right set of skills that will help business move forward.
It feels like an opportunity, doesn’t it?
Take the first steps to transform your career: Join us for Certified Career Day–March 12, 2013
Certified Career Day is an interactive, LIVE panel discussion with IT industry experts who will be your Cloud career counselors for the day, providing you with guidance to help advance your career to the Cloud. We’ve scheduled a full day of events featuring leading experts in the IT and cloud computing industry (all times are Pacific Standard Time):
- 8:30am Virtual Doors Open. Get behind-the-scenes commentary.
- 9:00-10:15 Live Industry Panel Broadcast. An live panel discussion with IT industry experts who will be your Cloud career counselors for the day, providing you with guidance to help advance your career to the Cloud.
- 10:15-10:30 Special Guest Interview with Mark Russinovich, Microsoft Technical Fellow. In this exclusive interview with Microsoft Technical Fellow Mark Russinovich, Wes Miller, VP of Research at Directions on Microsoft, will bring this discussion to the technology level as they explore the challenges organizations will encounter when migrating workloads to the cloud and the key capabilities IT professionals and organizations will need as they make this transition.
- 10:30-11:30 Windows Server Live Product Session. Join Microsoft Product Specialists Rick Claus and Joey Snow for a special session to help you better understand how to the get the training you need to transform your IT operations and deliver a whole new level of business value.
- 11:35–12:35 SQL Server 2012 Live Product Session. Join Microsoft Product Specialists Dandy Weyn and Jennifer Moser for a deep dive into this data platform and explore mission critical evidence, breakthrough insights and cloud on your terms. You will gain an understanding of the Business Intelligence scenarios SQL Server 2012 delivers to organizations and what training you need now, to help enable this capability.
Check out the full agenda at certifiedcareerday.com –space is limited, so register today!